Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day Three Energy

I have energy and a clear head this morning. I exercised at home before leaving for work to make sure I accomplished today's workout. I have my writers group tonight after work so I've planned accordingly. In addition to lunch and snacks, I packed a light dinner to enjoy before leaving the office for the group meeting.

It feels sad when I put on clothing that was once loose, and find it near button popping tight. However, I am very grateful that I refused to buy any bigger clothes to accommodate and deny the belly fat. It keeps me in reality and will serve as encouragement as garments loosen. And they will. 

My daily motivation reading was about "doing it anyway" as part of being truly committed. I did not feel like making that soup last night but I did it anyway. I liked the idea of reclining with a book last night instead of going to the gym but I did it anyway. I felt like stopping after a half hour and not pushing myself an additional 10 minutes, but I did it anyway.  

Doing it anyway pays off. It builds momentum and gets results. It builds confidence and new habits. I'm very happy today that I have that soup prepared so it will be easy to enjoy if I'm hungry tonight. I'm also very happy I pushed myself the extra ten in the pool!

The scale moved down today. That was nice, too. But even better is the rewarding feeling of being true to myself.

More will be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment