Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 6

Hard to believe that it's been 6 days. Still no headaches. I find that most interesting . I was exhausted yesterday and did not exercise in the evening. I dozed off after dinner and went to bed early. I am glad I did. I didn't need an evening snack. For me, not snacking in the evening is a monumental change! That's when much of my loading up on unnecessary carbs used to occur. If I can change that one habit it will make loss and maintenance much easier!

A follow up to the mindfulness from yesterday - observing food thoughts, acknowledging and letting them go - using a journal is great for this sometimes but I can't always whip one out and write, but at the end of the day I can jot a few things down about the day. I haven't had many thoughts and cravings but when I do I remind myself of a food I can have, or one I will be able to enjoy in phase two or three, in time. I'm going to get a special notebook for my end of day notes and any during the day thoughts. 

My appetite must be stabilizing with the regular nourishment - I had no idea this would be so easy! Maybe I am just ready.
My reading today was about protecting my program and identifying risky events. 
Tomorrow night is my poetry group. I usually bring wine or a snack. I'm going to bring some raw veggies and hummus and a beverage I can sip like water, seltzer, tea, there are many choices. I can have wine another time. In phase two. Being prepared and planning ahead is important for events with food. Luckily there are no "food pushers" at poetry group! 

A kitten has been climbing on me as I type. That's made this a bit challenging. It's time to get ready for work!  More will be revealed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment