Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 4 - Sleep

I slept more last night than previous nights. It was hard to get out of bed and I was groggy. A good groggy because I knew I'd had deep sleep. Sleep is a priority with me. It is essential to my mental and physical well being. I'm grateful for my good night's sleep.

My daily reading was about boundaries. I'm setting boundaries with food. I like that concept rather than a diet, especially since I am adopting a way of eating that I plan to follow permanently. I'm doing it in phases. 

I haven't had a headache since beginning my phase 1. I was having them frequently. Could be weather or other factors but I like to think it has something to do with what I'm eating and NOT eating, plus my water intake. 

Soups and teas are a huge help. Soup adds a course to my lunch and dinner, enhancing the experience and enjoyment. Teas soothe and satisfy me in between meals or when I think of a fruit or a sweet. They are warm and aromatic. Relaxing! My caffeine intake is lower but I'm not excluding it entirely - love my morning coffee.

Scale scooched down a little more. I'm staying honest with a daily weigh, and will  officially record weight weekly. My skirt is very snug, my reminder that this is a process that isn't going to happen overnight. I used to stop once I started feeling comfortable but I know now that I will push on even when the skirt is no longer snug!

More will be revealed!

1 comment:

  1. 100 days sounds like a great approach and I'm really looking forward to hearing how it goes!
    --Crabby

    ReplyDelete