Saturday, January 18, 2014

7th Day!! Yay!

My daily reading was about positive self talk and "I can do this" thinking.  I definitely CAN do this. I am doing it, and the best part is I LIKE doing it.  I am not thinking about the past, when I didn't do it, or worrying about the future in case I don't do it, I am just hanging out in today and DOING it.
That's my synopsis.

Now back to the culinary adventure part -this morning I made a scrambled eggs with kale recipe that I saw on Crabby's blog.  It exceeded my expectations. During the cooking part, which was very easy, I was thinking it might be a bit bland. Not so at all!  I loved the sautéed kale and egg combo.  Instead of cheese, I cut up a slice of not so salty Canadian bacon, and sautéed it with the kale and eggs. Very yummy, very satisfying and thank goodness for the variety.  I used to stick with much the same foods every day when I was losing and maintaining, staying safe and easy and not looking for anything to jazz up my meals.  I wanted to do something different this time, and it is working out nicely.

Recipes I am going to try this weekend include a broccoli soup from the South Beach phase one recipes, and a crock pot frittata that I also saw on Crabby's blog in the comment section about the kale recipe. Thank you Crabby!  Don't want to over challenge myself with too much cooking, so I pick easy recipes for now, making sure I try something new on a frequent to regular basis.  I will also whip up another salad dressing from the South Beach phase one recipes. Salad dressing was a huge help this week.

I grew weary of cold things during the week. Salad is easy to tote to and from work, and throw together when I get home from a long day at the office, but warm food is comforting and satisfying. Too much cold food gets to me. For a quick warm meal the other night I microwaved some frozen Brussels sprouts and made a "casserole" with some low-fat cheese and ground turkey breast that I already had on hand. I may have seasoned it with a couple of more items but I can't recall now. It made for an easy, quick and filling meal. Also having the soup as my first course (ready made in the fridge) helps if I need to cook something. I have the soup first, and then prepare the meal, or have the soup while it is cooking.

Enough about food.  A bit about exercise. I fell short during the week. I was tired at night, and had longer hours than anticipated. I can and will have my long weekend workouts because I enjoy them so much. But I need to work on having some sort of a routine for during the week. I started getting up earlier this week, which is very good. I was pushing the limits of how late I can get to work, and had not worked much during the holidays so it was an adjustment. Getting up early will pave the way to morning exercise sessions.  I honestly think that exercise in the morning during the week will ensure that I get my daily exercise. Especially during cold, dark winter days.

More will be revealed!

No comments:

Post a Comment