Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day Five - Whew!!

This is going to be quick. My morning was hijacked by an overnight snow. Not much but enough to require car sweeping and leaving much earlier. So my "quiche cups to go" as the recipe calls them, definately were. No morning exercises either except the snow sweeping but I can catch up on those later. Got out the door with my daily supplies.  Making sure I have a meal before this meeting starts. 

Last night in bed I had feelings if mild panic that I couldn't do this, too hard, too much work, etc, but I have learned to dismiss bedtime panic and worry - and just get on with the sleeping. I'm fine this morning in spite of frazzling snow traffic.

Helpful tips from morning reading- journal at night which right now I'm using the blog but will make a special notebook for jotting things down. Not everything is appropriate for a publicly accessible forum!! Also - observing which I call mindfulness - food thoughts or cues. And letting them go. I have been using mindfulness practices for a while now so I can use them now for this project. 

I bought a sampler of fruit teas and I'm looking forward to trying one or two today. 

Today I am also watching out for sodium. It sneaks in things!

Must get in work meeting zone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment